Table of content:
- Why people are using the Himalayan salt during COVID-19?
1.1. Himalayan Salt Water Gargle
1.2. Washing vegetables and fruits
1.3. Ease Respiratory problems
1.4. Relief Body Stress
1.5. Dental Health and hygiene
1.6. Improve immunity
1.7. Purify Indoor air quality
1. Himalayan Salt Water Gargle
2. Washing vegetables and fruits
3. Ease Respiratory Problems
Traditionally, after catching flu or sinus, we all have a habit of taking steam. We usually take hot water steam as a form of natural remedy to help with a blocked nose and nasal cavities. However, mixing the Himalayan Salt in water is proven to be a healthier cleanse. It does not only help to cure blocked nasal cavities, but also aid with other respiratory problems such as Bronchitis, Asthma, Sinus, and Allergies. As it is anti-inflammatory, it helps loosen up the mucus and removes harmful germs from the respiratory region which slows down the self-clearing mechanism of the airways in our system. The fine particles of this salt, penetrate deep into the lungs to cure damaged tissues and stop the infectious germs from reaching the sensitive tissues of our lungs.
4. Relief Body Stress
Taking a hot bath can help pull out the toxins from our system and relax our body muscles. Adding salt to our normal bath sessions can be a hundred times more beneficial for our bodies. As it is rich in minerals our bodies soak the necessary Magnesium and Calcium Ions in the muscle and remove the toxic lactic acids that are built over time.
How to make the bath solution for effective detoxification:
- Add 1 or 2 pounds of Himalayan salt in the tub filled with water
- Soak yourself in it for 15 to 20 minutes
- Repeat this 2 or 3 times a month
5. Dental Health and Hygiene
As bizarre as it may sound, Pink Salt is good for your teeth and gums. It cures various dental issues such as bad breath, cavities, Gingivitis and bleeding of gums. The potassium in Himalayan salt stops the gums from bleeding, and the calcium ions strengthen them. The pink salt has antibacterial and antiseptic properties which help to avoid the growth of bacteria in the mouth.
How to make a simple therapeutic mouthwash:
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon of salt in water
- Swish it around in your mouth for a few minutes
- Repeat this two more times
- For effective results, use it twice a day
6. Improve Immunity
Our bodies are up to 60% water and dehydration can disturb our whole body function which can cause other major health issues. As we age the body fluid start decreasing and to stay healthy we have to keep ourselves hydrated the whole time. One can not emphasize enough about the importance and benefits of water intake. However, you can take the benefits to another level, by adding Himalayan salt and lemon in your drink.
As previously mentioned, Himalayan salt has plenty of different minerals which is essential for the operations of our brain, muscles, nerves, and new tissue. These minerals are very helpful in keeping our bodies hydrated. While Lemon adds vitamin C, pink salt is 85% sodium chloride, and the rest of the 15% contain Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, etc. These electrolytes are quickly absorbed by the body and are necessary to boost our immune system. The minerals in salt help with the overall health of our bones, teeth, immune system, digestion, nerve and muscle functions.
7. Purify Indoor Air Quality
The Himalayan salt lamp is one of the things that has been on high demand since the breakout. Besides, they are the best natural air purifiers. You can place the Himalayan salt lamp in your room and any corner of the house. It pulls the moisture from the air and traps it in the stone. A bulb placed inside the stone helps to evaporate the moisture retained inside quickly.